Selecting the Right Contractor
Which Contractor Will Best Meet Your Needs
As a courtesy to our customers, the "Which Contractor Will Best Meet Your Needs" questionnaire should be used prior to hiring any contractor you wish to have come onto your property to perform work. This questionnaire is designed to help you prevent unnecessary liability exposure when hiring trade companies. At Best Plumbing & Heating, Inc. we adhere to the highest quality standards and answer "YES" to each of these homeowner basic contracting requirements:
100% compliance questions:
- Are you and your subcontractors licensed to do this type of work?
CAUTION! TOO RISKY NOT TO ASK
Your homeowner's insurance does not cover work done by unlicensed contractors!
- Are you insured to do this type of work?
CAUTION! THE AVERAGE CLAIM FOR INJURY RELATED DEATH IS $1.6 MILLION
Your homeowner's insurance may not cover an accident, injury or damage! Require <$2+> Million!
- Are your installers trained to use power tools and equipment in and around occupied spaces?
CAUTION! 9 OUT OF 10 CONTRACTORS DO NOT HAVE A SAFETY TRAINING PROGRAM
Avoid negligence claims against you the home owner by requiring contractor to provide copy of their safety program!
- Do you perform drug testing to screen your employees for hire?
CAUTION! 9 OUT OF 10 CONTRACTORS DO NOT PERFORM DRUG TESTING ON NEW HIRES
Avoid negligence claims against you the home owner by requiring contractor to perform drug testing for all new hires!
- Do you run a criminal background check on your employees?
CAUTION! 9 OUT OF 10 CONTRACTORS DO NOT PERFORM BACKGROUND CHECKS
Don't be victimized! Many service people have a history of theft and other crimes.
- Will you guarantee my ultimate comfort and satisfaction?
CAUTION! INSTALLATION INVOLVE COMFORT, SAFETY, HEALTH, PROPERTY, & FINANCIAL
Get this 100% satisfaction guarantee in writing!
- Will you use driveway protectors, mats, & drop cloths while working inside/outside my home?
CAUTION! INSTALLATION WORK REQUIRES VEHICLES, PEOPLE TRAFFIC, & FLUIDS
Damage to our property could raise our total cost of installation dramatically!
- Will you clean up at end of each day?
CAUTION! MOST CONTRACTORS DO NOT INCLUDE A DAILY CLEAN-UP AS PART OF JOB!
There is no need to have your home use or beauty detracted from!
- Will you remove my old equipment and all debris from the premises?
CAUTION! 9 OUT OF 10 CONTRACTORS DO NOT ITEMIZE THIS IN THEIR SCOPE OF WORK
"Disposal fees" added on at the end of the job are a common "hidden charge."
- Will you provide NATE certified or factory trained technicians to work on or heating equipment?
CAUTION! 9 OUT OF 10 CONTRACTORS DO NOT PROPERLY TUNE-UP OR CALIBRATE EQUIPMENT
Avoid improper equipment set-up by requiring contractor to assign you NATE certified staff!
- Do you have an office staff to handle potential customer care situations?
CAUTION! ALTHOUGH UNLIKELY - EVEN THE BEST INSTALLATIONS CAN HAVE AN ERROR
Who's going to respond to our questions, comments, concerns or complaints?
- Have you been in business very long?
CAUTION! 90% ALL SYSTEMS INSTALLED INCORRECTLY
Only an experienced contractor can install correctly - putting you in top error free 10%.
- Will you guarantee the price quoted will be the final price, even if you overlooked something?
CAUTION! GETTING LOW PRICE IS EASY WHEN A CONTRACTOR MISSES SOMETHING
Beware of a low initial price followed by a price increase after the work has started!